Fellowship in Neurooncology
Division of Neurosurgery, University of Toronto
Toronto Western Hospital
Term of Appointment
Funded posts for 2 fellows per year.
Our neurooncology fellowships are combined with exposures to three neurosurgical staff at the Toronto Western Hospital: Drs. Bernstein, Gentili, Kongkham and Zadeh.We have overlapping, but also distinct clinical and research interests:
- Dr. Bernstein - Awake craniotomy, outpatient brain tumour surgery
- Dr. Gentili - Skull base surgery, open and endoscopic approaches, and pituitary surgery
- Dr. Kongkham - Intra-axial tumors, awake craniotomy, genetics/epigenetics of brain tumors
- Dr. Zadeh - Endoscopic approaches to skull base tumors.
Research projects, writing, etc. are highly encouraged under our guidance.
Aside from our in- and outpatients, responsibilities will also include in-house calls (approx: 2-3 days/mth) and working with resident staff, plus other neurooncology and other sub-speciality fellows.
TermsAs per our divisional policy, you will be paid an annual stipend of $55,925.76 CDN for the year commencing July 1-June 30 of the following year. During this time you will be entitled to two weeks of paid holidays every six months and one week of paid conference leave. You will have access to $1,500 CDN towards attending a conference during the fellowship year, to present a body of academic work stemming from your fellowship. Any planned holiday/conference time must be communicated to your supervisor well in advance of the date.
For additional information and to send your application as above, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Bernstein, MD, MHSc, FRCSC
Gelareh Zadeh, MD, PhD, FRCSC
email@example.comToronto Western Hospital
Division of Neurosurgery
399 Bathurst Street, West Wing 4th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S8
Please submit the following by email to the Fellowship Contact:
- Brief synopsis of career goals
- Letters of reference (3) from current and/or past mentors
- TOEFL or another test demonstrating competence in English